Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New year's resolutions, Nannette's version

As the new year begins we all like to work on our new year's resolutions. So will I.

This year has me quitting cigarettes, losing weight and taking more care of my personal health. Also I want to actually take time to work on my creativity.

About the cigarette issue I guess I have to take it easy. I stopped smoking cold turkey about 2 weeks ago and I tell you, it is horrible. I have lots of cold sweats, my body temperature seems to have gone out of whack. I have a horrible bad taste in my mouth constantly. Mouthwash has become my best friend. I get an apparent drop on blood pressure that makes me really dizzy. I guess I will use the Florida quit line and try this again with time and patience.

Losing weight... yeah that sounds strange for me. I had never gained weight like this, not even when I was pregnant. I am currently at 141 lbs. My normal weight is around 110 lbs. In the last 3 months I have gained lots of weight for no apparent reason. I feel bloated, heavy and clumsy. Let's not forget, none of my clothes fit anymore. Need to desperately go out do some shopping, well maybe wait couple of weeks to see if my new regimen works at all.

I am starting to go to the community gym at least 3 times a week. Get to eat healthier, watch my sweets, limit my Ice Cream consumption. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Let's see how it goes.

About taking care of my general health. Well the last 2 times I was checked in the hospital, they keep saying that my sugar is high. This never happened before. I am going to work on this, my mother is diabetic and I just found out that diabetes runs of my paternal side of my family. Never thought this could affect me, but seems that it finally caught up with me. We will take care of this.

Working on my creativity..... I keep putting my goals to a side. I should do as my friend Michele did, just freaking do it! She decided that she was going to make time and just do it, I believe she's on her 5th e-book. I am totally envious, but it is good envy.

As for the move (yeah, still on the works) We WE need to find a way to save money, my health issues have not helped much as every time we save some money it goes out on bills or prescriptions as we don't have medical or prescription coverage. It sucks big time.

My goal is still March-April. Let's see how it goes.

N

No comments: