Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Discover Buenos Aires Blog

I woke up this morning with a strange desire to learn much more about what my personal transition could be like. Due diligence items we'll have to put in our lists and such.

I started browsing thru my lovely blog roll (here on the right!) and I decided to go to Discover Buenos Aires . Dave and Mersal have done a wonderful job of narrating in a very easy to understand way, the things that must be done in the last month of the US part of your life, just before getting on the plane.

They cover things like pet transfer, credit card issues, banking in general issues, packing, Craig Listing what you don't want to take, car insurance, lots of things. I think I have to sit down and start making my own lists. January is coming fast and furious and we really have not done much besides agreeing to move and tell our families.

I wish Dave and Mersal a wonderful trip as I believe they are leaving the States rather shortly, actually I think this week or even today. I hope to get to meet them when I get to Baires.

N.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the post and link to our site. We've been pretty busy in the last couple of days, but we'll definitely be updating the site more. Hopefully when you move down here, we'll know our way around (and know Spanish) and can help to show you around!

Unknown said...

BA has everything you can ask for. Food, wine, attractions, museums and every kind of restaurant. People of all ages can njoy their saty there because it is like a paradise. I remember when I travelled, I met a lot of people, I had rented one of those buenos aires apartments in Palermo and I made a lot of friends. Argentineans are cool and prtty fun! It was terrific! now I´m planning a trip with my boyfriend!
Brooke