Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Water and Soul Blog - Free Hugs

One of the blogs in my blogroll is from a Recent expat, Jackson. The name of the blog is Water and So(u)l. I have fallen in love with it, because it gives me an idea of what my life will be the first few weeks of my relocation, when I am still in awe because of all the new things I will seeing and experiencing. According to the blog, he joined the Palermo community sometime around July 21st, 2008. Yeah, last week.

I specially loved it today as I found a picture either him or his girlfriend Erika took of one of the Argentinian members of "Free Hugs" Campaign. This is a cause that is very dear to me, very close to my heart and one I plan to continue working on as long as I have breath.

This is a post from couple of days ago, maybe last monday. I guess he was not familiar with the campaign so he felt odd when the young man said it was OK to take a pic of him but he had to accept a "abrazo gratis" in order to do so.

So Jackson, be open minded, Buenos Aires and Argentina in general, is one of the friendliest countries in earth. Don't be surprised if the next "Free Hugs" person you meet up in the streets is me, already in Baires and doing what I love most, sharing my love with the world.

N.

3 comments:

Robert Evans said...

Friendliest? You sure about that?

Don't get me wrong. There are many wonderful things about Argentina but I don't think anyone that has live for a time would say that friendly is one of them.

Unknown said...

Well, I think it's a mixed bag because some people are so kind and sweet here that I could slump to the ground and cry. And other argentinos are so blatantly gruff here that's it's kinda surprising at first. But what I love about the people here is that no one holds anything in. They're very expressive either way. Most of the time, I feel like they're very friendly, interested and charming. And at least you know where people stand with you!

And oh, Nanette, I agree with you. I love the Free Hugs Movement. I've seen them before, but this was the first time I hugged someone. But I liked it. Did you get the foto I sent you? Thanks so much for all your love in the blog. I'm so happy and flattered that Water & So(u)l makes you happy. To me, that's a job well done. That's why I blog Nanette!

Someday, let's go to a Boca Juniors Game together. If we can get tix.

Unknown said...

The first time I saw the free hugs thing was in Chicago where there were like 10 people at least giving out free hugs by the old Water tower on Michigan Ave.