Monday, July 28, 2008

What brought me to this...

Some of you may know this or not.

I had been "successfully" employed for about 4.5 years, the longest I've ever been employed in my life, seriously. This was a job that I truly loved, made lots of friends and honestly had lots of fun while doing it.

What was bad about the job was the management. While we are all independent contractors, there is still a big cheese on top of all of us. When I started working, till the today's day, the owner of the company has been the same, no change there. What has changed is his attitude towards us and towards the company. And with the type of changes that I have seen within this person, this is a company that I wish not to be associated to any longer. FINITO!

Besides that, the stress that the changes in the company was creating on me, was a big contributor aggravating the state of my health. And my health is something that I am not going to gamble with anymore.

After the huge scare I had this month, I have placed my priorities in better order and ME and MY HEALTH are right up there on the very, very top.

In the same time period, several other things have gone from "plans" to solid goals. Such as our move to Argentina. This had been a plan that "was on the table" and now has been etched in stone.

We had been thinking out loud about this for a while, pondering, wondering.... and now we are pondering no more. It will happen! We are scheduling this move around December 2007-January 2008. We need the time range to be this big, because it is a BIG HUGE move! Takes a lot of time and preparation and bureaucracy.

And this part of my life is what this Blog is mostly gonna be about.... Our move from US to Argentina. It seems to be the next big adventure coming up in my life... (besides finding a way to support this household in the meantime we leave for good).

Till next one

No comments: